Menopause occurs about a year after a woman's last menstrual cycle, typically happening in women anywhere between the ages of 40 and 60. Menopause is a natural biological process and happens as women age. The process is the endpoint for a woman's fertility, although it does come with some other side effects and health issues.
Here are 9 surprising facts about menopause that every woman should know:
1. If a woman experiences menopause before the age of 40 it's considered early menopause.
2. According to the Center for Menstrual Disorders and Reproductive Choice, the average age for menopause is 51.
3. If a woman experiences menopause at 55 years or older, it is considered late-onset menopause.
4. The most common symptom of menopause, experienced by 75% of women, is hot flashes, followed by weight gain.
5. Because women lose estrogen during menopause, it may cause you to lose bone mass as well.
6. After menopause, women are at a higher risk for heart disease than they were before.
7. The way you experience menopause is not genetic, meaning you may not have a similar experience as other women related to you.
8. In the 1800's, women had some strange ideas on how to cure menopause. These cures included mustard hip baths, electric therapy, golf, and opium, just to name a few.
9. Hormone Replacement Therapy can help relieve the symptoms caused by menopause.
At Physicians Age Management Centers, we offer hormone replacement therapy for women to help with menopause and hormone deficiency. This treatment can help you feel better by eliminating hot flashes and night sweats, it can increase your sexual health and desire, you will once again be able to build lean muscle, improve your metabolism, get a better nights sleep, and enhance your energy levels. HRT can also help prevent other medical conditions including reducing your risk for osteoporosis, breast and other cancers, and heart disease.
With HRT, we can help you feel like your younger self again. Call Physician's Age Management Centers today for a free consultation at 844.440.8444 or take our hormone test to get started.