As we age, our body slows its natural production and release of hormones, resulting in hormonal imbalance. This is what causes our health, energy, physical appearance, and libido to start declining. Aging also causes your metabolism to slow which results in weight gain and muscle loss. All of these not only make you feel older, but look older as well. Luckily, there is a way to regulate your hormones and regain your youthful vitality through hormone replacement therapy.
What is hormone replacement therapy? Hormone Replacement Therapy, also known as HRT, is an alternative therapy to help with anti-aging health and longevity. This practice is designed to help both women and men as they go through things like menopause and loss of testosterone. How do you know what type of treatment is right for you? We recommend bioidentical hormone replacement therapy.
Here are 5 fast facts about bioidentical hormones:
- Bioidentical hormones are typically used to treat hormonal imbalance in both men and women. For women, this is often during pre-menopause or menopause, and for men, it is often used to treat low levels of testosterone.
- Bioidentical hormones have been known to treat other conditions as well including cancer, thyroid disorders, osteoporosis, fibromyalgia, and insulin resistance.
- Bioidentical hormones are made specifically for each patient to emulate nearly identically those each patient had as a younger woman or younger man.
- There are two types of hormones used in HRT; synthetic hormones, which are created in a lab often made from the urine of pregnant horses and other synthetic hormones, and bioidentical hormones, which are made from natural sources such as plants, and they work by mimicking the body’s natural hormone production.
- Bioidentical hormones can be administered in the form of creams, injections, implanted pellets, gels, and patches.
For women, Bioidentical hormone replacement therapy can help them build lean muscle, it can improve sleep quality and boost metabolism, and it can give more energy and overall feeling of well-being. HRT can also reduce risk for osteoporosis, breast and other cancers, and heart disease.
For men, BHRT can help them regain their youthfulness and increase energy, stamina, strength, fitness, and overall well-being. Hormone deficiency can cause some health conditions including cardiovascular disease, diabetes, fatigue, high blood pressure, and sexual dysfunction, along with others. HRT can help prevent and regulate these issues as well as increase muscle strength, recharge sexual potency and libido, build a healthier metabolism, create more energy, and reduce cholesterol levels.
At Physicians Age Management Centers we want to help you understand the benefits of hormone replacement therapy. It’s what we do every day and our specialty. We provide our patients with a proactive, preventative approach to healthcare for an aging population focused on the preservation of optimum human function and quality of life. If you’re interested in taking control of your health, take our hormone test or request a free consultation today.