Peptide therapy is taking the anti-aging and beauty world by storm, and for a good reason. This new treatment can essentially reverse the signs of aging as well as possibly helping to treat many other diseases and illnesses.
Here’s everything you need to know about Peptide therapy and how it works:
- Peptide therapy is the targeted use of peptides to produce a specific reaction in the body.
- Your skin is made up of three layers, the top layer is called the epidermis, the middle layer is the dermis, and the most inner layer is the hypodermis.
- Collagen lives in the dermis, making up about 80% of that layer of skin. This layer is what mainly controls the look and feel of your skin - keeping it youthful, elastic, and glowing.
- After age 20 you lose about 1% of collagen production each year, making your skin less elastic and supple.
- Peptide therapy can help boost collagen and elastin, preventing new wrinkles from forming and making already existing wrinkles appear smoother.
- Peptide therapy can be used for cell growth and to increase growth hormones and to help with tissue repair.
- Peptide therapy can help with weight loss by stimulating the breakdown of visceral fat, and it may also be used to reduce inflammation.
- Peptide therapy may help balance hormones and improve sexual disorders like erectile dysfunction.
- Peptide therapy can help with stress, anxiety and sleep disorders, and promote healthy brain function.
- Peptide therapy can help relieve joint pain and help to prevent Osteoporosis and bone loss.
- Peptide therapy can be administered by injections, taken in pill form, used as a cream, and taken as a nasal spray.
At Physicians Age Management Centers/LongevityMed we want to help you understand the benefits and uses of peptide therapy. Your health is our number one priority. If you want to learn more about how peptide therapy can help you, contact us today.