If you are significantly overweight, you may be suffering from Metabolic Syndrome, a combination of health disorders caused by obesity and related factors. In fact, one in five Americans is suffering from Metabolic Syndrome and the rates are rising.
Physician's Age Management specializes in treating obesity and obesity-related illnesses like Metabolic Syndrome, and we understand how difficult it can be to lose weight while you're feeling ill. If you are concerned about your health or think you may have Metabolic Syndrome, come visit us today and let us help you lose weight, lower your blood pressure and get healthy!
According to the American Heart Association and the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, metabolic syndrome is present if you have three or more of the following signs:
- Large waist circumference (length around the waist):Men - 40 inches or more
- Women - 35 inches or more
- Low HDL cholesterol:
- Men - under 40 mg/dL
- Women - under 50 mg/dL
- Blood pressure equal to or higher than 130/85 mmHg
- Fasting blood sugar (glucose) equal to or higher than 100 mg/dL
- Triglycerides equal to or higher than 150 mg/dL